Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
1) Provide a statement on Informed Consent and/or Research Ethics Board approval for any research that involves patient information.
2) Provide a statement of the contributions of authors to the manuscript, showing that all authors contributed to at least one of the following categories: i) conception and design; ii) procurement of data; iii) analysis of data; iv) drafting of the original manuscript; v) critical review of the original manuscript.
3) Provide a statement of funding, identifying the funding source(s) where applicable for this work.
4) Provide a conflict-of-interest statement for all authors.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
Article Processing Charge
The CJGIM welcomes original research submissions, book reports, abstracts and other articles. Articles in the CJGIM will be subject to an Article Processing Charge (APC) of $750 (USD) for each manuscript that passes peer review and is accepted for publication; the APC will be waived for authors who are CSIM Members and Associates (with dues currently paid) or who are submitting original research and review articles. Please indicate in the Private Notes box on the User Profile page if you are in one of the above categories.
The APC is billed upon acceptance of an article. There are no additional charges for colour, length, figures, or other elements. Letters to the Editor and select invited articles are not charged an APC.
Authors living in countries not considered “least developed” as per the following list of countries who do not have the ability to pay the APC may be eligible for a reduced APC. Please contact the publisher directly to make a formal request at email@example.com.
- Authors are asked to include the names of 2-3 colleagues as possible peer reviewers for their submission.
- As part of the acceptance of your work for CJGIM, we ask you to provide your social media handle(s) and a short, 140-character summary that can be shared with followers on Twitter.”
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines accessed through the Submission Checklist page.
Articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial 4.0 International License. Authors and users are free to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, with proper attribution, for non-commercial purposes. Authors retain copyright to their article.